FAITH



One day, as Abraham was sitting at the entrance of his tent, he looked up and saw three men standing there. Abraham instantly recognized them as messengers from God and bowed down to worship.
One of the men told Abraham that Sarah would have a son within the next year. Sarah overheard this and laughed at the idea that she could have a child; she was already almost ninety years old!

However, just as promised, Sarah became pregnant and had a son the next year. Abraham named him Isaac. When Isaac was born, Abraham was 100 years old and Sarah was 90.

Though Abraham's wife, Sarah laughed because of her unbelief but Abraham didn’t. Lets looks into the Bible verse. In Genesis 15

15 After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:



“Do not be afraid, Abram.

    I am your shield,[g]

    your very great reward.[h]”



2 But Abram said, “Sovereign Lord, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit[i] my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.”



4 Then the word of the Lord came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir.” 5 He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count

the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring[j] be.”



6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

We all know the story of Abraham's faith but something struck me while listening to a Pastor recently, I would love to share with us. Actually, we remember that God asked Abraham to kill his only son Isaac as we can read in  Genesis 22:2:"Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you."

Abraham did not hesitate to act, because he had confidence and faith in God, he knew God had promised his offspring shall be as uncountable as the stars in the sky.

It recorded in Genesis 17: 3 -6: 3” Abram fell facedown and God said to him, 4 “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram[q]; your name will be Abraham,[r] for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.

So Abraham knew, no matter what God commands him to do, God never fails his promises because he is not man, God is supreme. God is Alpha and Omega. One could say probably that why Abraham made this statement to his servant before going for the mission to sacrifice his only son, Isaac, as it is  recorded in Genesis 22: 5 Abraham said:  “Stay here with the donkey,” Abraham told the servants. “The boy and I will travel a little farther. We will worship there, and then we will come right back.”


My emphasis is in his words; “We will worship there, and then we will come back".

I will leave you to think thoroughly, dear readers about this great faith.

Meanwhile, I also have a personal encounter, I applied for a training, unfortunately I wasn’t selected but I had faith, because I have prayed about it for so long and a Pastor in my local Church had also prayed for me so despite the company’s rejection, I had faith in God to turn things around for my good.  So instead of crying I gave thanks to God that I will receive it and went to the company.

The word of the scripture in Hebrew 7: 25 which states that Jesus Christ intercedes for us was in my heart and on my lips. With that confidence, I met someone in the company whom I told that though my application was not successful nevertheless I appeal that if anyone failed to attend the training, my name be used to replace the person. Readers, something great happen as God proved himself though his son, Jesus Christ, though no name was removed; the head of the department just included my name to their list. 

This is not the first time an act of faith has yielded great results for me. I am confidence that God never fails those who trust him.

Indeed there is a God and his desire for us is good and never for evil if can we just believe.

The final stage in the life of faith is the attainment of character, and we encounter many changes in the process. We feel the presence of God around us when we pray, yet we are only momentarily changed. We tend to keep going back to our everyday ways and the glory vanishes. A life of faith is not a life of one glorious mountaintop experience after another, like soaring on eagles’ wings, but is a life of day—in and day—out consistency; a life of walking without fainting.
I am sharing this testimony so you too readers can apply Faith to your daily life. God never fails. Jesus Christ loves you.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog